STUDENT MUSICAL CAMP 2020
Musical Performance Camp 2020
Presented by Summit Theatre Group & Lee’s Summit West High School
Musical Title: TBA…as soon as we secure the show!
Performance Reminders: Friday, June 26 1 pm & 7 pm
Dates: June 15-19; 22-26, 2020
3rd – 8th Graders (as completed at the end of the 2019-20 school year)
$299 per child, due upon registration which begins on March 15th
Limited to the first 50 kids
ALL CAMP DATES & PERFORMANCE DATES
Director/Acting Teacher: Brad Rackers, Lee’s Summit West Theatre Director/STG Board Member
Admin/Music Director: Ginger Birch, STG Company Manager/ Private Voice Instructor
Technical Director: Kenny Taylor, Campbell MS Broadcasting Teacher/STG Board Member
Camp time will be spent learning songs, choreography, blocking as well as working behind the scenes on props and set design. Campers will also learn about being a good performer, stage presence, improved confidence along with other theatrical skills. All kids are welcome; experienced performers and kids new to theatre alike!
REGISTRATION & FEES POLICIES
- Camp Fee: $299 per child.
- Limited to the first 50 kids, a waiting list will be available.
- Registration opens March 15 @ 9:00 am, Camp fills up quickly but we can typically accommodate the waitlist.
- After registration a confirmation email will be sent with an invoice to pay the camp fee in full. Registration is not complete until payment is made. You may also mail the camp fee by check or cash to STG: PO Box 1736 Lee’s Summit, MO 64063. Camp fees are non-refundable.
- Attendance Policy: Campers are expected to attend camp every day for its entirety. Due to the nature of a musical theatre camp, it is necessary for everyone to be there every day. Arriving late/leaving early will not be accommodated. If you choose not to follow this policy your child will be removed from scenes or musical numbers that are rehearsed at this time, no exceptions. It is harmful to the production to not be present and unfair to the rest of the cast.
CAMP FEE INCLUDES
- Camp T-shirt
- 2 Tickets to performances
- 2 Dinners
- Script to keep
DROP OFF & PICK UP & EMERGENCY CONTACT FORMS
- Camp location is at Lee’s Summit West High School: 2600 SW Ward Rd. Lee’s Summit, MO 64082.
- Every parent/guardian will need to complete an emergency contact & release form for each child at camp and bring it on the first day. This will provide the approved list of people who are allowed to pick up your child from camp. Only those listed on the release form are allowed to pick them up, no exceptions. Safety is of utmost importance!
- Drop off begins at 8:45 am, no earlier. Camp begins promptly at 9 am, please make appropriate accommodations for this. Each camper will need to be checked in by a parent or guardian only on the FIRST day of camp to the camp administrator. After the first day, you may simply drop off your camper in the parking area and we’ll check them in as they arrive at the theatre garage door.
- Pick up is promptly at 4 pm and parents need to wait outside the garage door until campers are ready to be dismissed at 4 pm. Each camper MUST be signed out by a signature at the end of each day. Only those on the pick-up release form are allowed to sign them out.
- Please pick up and drop off on the SOUTH SIDE of the campus at the Theatre Garage Door. This entrance is right by the Summit Ridge Academy building.
WHAT TO BRING: These are things your campers need with them on a daily basis.
- CLOSED TOED SHOES AT ALL TIMES, no sandals, crocs, slip-ons, etc.
- Backpack – to pack all these things below!
- Refillable water bottle
- Lunch & snack
- Sunscreen – we’ll be taking a short break from the indoors each day as weather allows.
- Solo activities: small games, books, small crafts, etc. for specified free time. Electronics/devices, if brought, are required to be left in backpacks outside of designated use time. If your camper has a phone with them, it is to stay in their backpack at all times. A camper phone will only be allowed to be used in an extreme emergency. Any necessary calls to parents will be made from teacher phones.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty or paint on them – they will be heavily involved in set design, painting, & creating during the first week.
- Pencil, for notes!
- Script (will be given the first day, bring it back, they need it! We don’t have extras.)
OTHER CAMP INFO
- Auditions for the roles in the musical will take place during the first day of camp.
- Roles will be decided and given to everyone along with a script at the end of the day.
- Auditions will consist of a portion of a familiar song from the musical taught to campers that will be sung as a group and individually. Additional songs and reading scenes will take place to help decide specific roles after everyone sings the initial song.
- Every camper will be given equal opportunity, no precasting or preferences will be given.
- Camp T-shirts will be provided on the first day. A specific day will be designated the second week for a picture.
- The demo music and accompaniment tracks will be placed in a google folder and shared the week before camp starts so campers can become familiar with the music and prepare for auditions. This is also so campers can practice their music at home during camp weeks.
- Campers are to be off book (memorized) by Monday, June 24.
- Please remember that on Thursday, June 27 and Friday, June 28 camp hours are 9 am – 9 pm, with dinner provided for campers each evening. No exceptions. Campers will not leave LSW, appropriate downtime will be given for rest. If they do not like what is being provided for the dinner meals, you are welcome to bring an alternative for them.
- All costuming will be provided with the exceptions of shoes and undergarments. Required shoe information will be communicated prior to camp. Required shoes are to be worn during camp rehearsals as soon as possible. It is important for kids to rehearse in their footwear on stage.
- All camp rehearsals including the evening rehearsal on Thursday, June 27 are closed to outsiders. This ensures the campers to be focused and prepared for their performance.
MUSICAL PRODUCTION INFO
- 2 free tickets to performances will be sent home the first day. You may use them at either performance time.
- On designated days, tickets will be sold to parents for pre-purchase. Tickets are $5 for 8th grade and under and $7 for all others. Cash, check, card payment options available.
- Parent volunteers will be needed to help usher and work the box office for both performance times, you can sign up for these options upon registration. The camp administrator will contact you about volunteering in one of these positions closer to performance time.
- Performance Reminders: Friday, June 28 at 1 pm & 7 pm
- Box office opens at 12 Noon & 6 pm
- General admission open seating begins at 12:30 pm & 6:30 pm
- Video Recordings & Pictures: Absolutely NO, NADA, NEIN video recordings or pictures are allowed during performances. This is a rule that requires STRICT adherence. Not following this rule places Summit Theatre Group in jeopardy of losing their license for future productions as well as facing a monetary fine, it is a serious offense. It also is a distraction to the cast as well as the audience members around you. Please be respectful of this expectation. If you choose not to comply, you will be asked to leave the theatre.
- We will take photos during camp & at rehearsal and give parents access to all digital pictures.
- We are authorized by the publishing company to make one professional recording of a performance and provide it to those who want a copy. This copy will require an order and payment of $15 to only cover time & materials. That order form will be provided at the end of the first week of camp. Payment must be received by cash or check only by Friday, June 28 to be insured a copy. Parents will be emailed when the DVDs arrive. We’ll set up a time for you to pick them up. It is preferred for you to pick them up before spending funds to mail them.
Please Contact: Ginger Birch, STG Company manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-463-2654