Summit Theatre Group issues a call for applications from potential directors for the production of The 39 Steps performing February 26, 27, 28, 2021.
About The 39 Steps by Patrick Barlow & John Buchan
Mix a Hitchcock masterpiece with a juicy spy novel, add a dash of Monty Python and you have The 39 Steps, a fast-paced whodunit for anyone who loves the magic of theatre! This two-time Tony® and Drama Desk Award-winning treat is packed with nonstop laughs, over 150 zany characters (played by a ridiculously talented cast of four), an onstage plane crash, handcuffs, missing fingers, and some good old-fashioned romance!
- Cast of 4 actors playing multiple roles, STG prefers to keep this as a small cast
- Location: Innovative New Production Space
- Approximately 2700 Sq. Ft.
- Stage and seating can be configured based on director preference
- Limited lighting and sound
- Most props for the show have been secured and are available for use
- Click here to see approved production budget
To be considered, directors should submit applications including the following:
- Resume with special attention to directing experience.
- Proposals with detailed production vision & concept. This should include your set design ideas and all technical needs. It can also include suggested costume/lighting/prop design. Find an example proposal here.
- Creative & production staff, if decided. (Optional: STG can help find creative & production staff members.)
Please send all proposals no later than October 15, 2020 to Ginger Birch, STG Company Manager at email@example.com